Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Christmas Carol 2009

Just before the holidays I wanted to create a new sample to promote my work. I decided to revisit a painting completed way back in 1997 while a student at Cornish College. The subject is the perennial favorite "A Christmas Carol". Here is the older painting...

While I liked the concept behind the original painting I knew that I could execute it better now so I spent the past couple of days completing a brand new painting. I made the hands smaller and changed some things about the crystal ball concept as well has making some color changes. I am really happy with it now. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!

By the way I am ending the year on a happy note as I now have a new book deal in the works. Glad that I will be staying busy well into the new year!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Martha. It was fun looking back and getting into the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool idea. I am going to go lurk in the cobwebbiest parts of my art racks and give this a try.

    Nice one, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jesse. Yeah if you want to stroke your ego its great to redo something old and then see how much better it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new book deal Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice- you capture the feeling of a whole story so well in one illustration!

    ReplyDelete