Wednesday, December 30, 2009

IT'S A BOOK!!!

Yesterday after returning home from a trip to California to spend time with my family for Christmas I received an unexpected Christmas present. A finished copy of my picture book "The Can Man"! Thanks to my editor Louise at Lee and Low Books! It was a genuine surprise as I wasn't expecting my finished copies until February. It looks great and I can hardly wait to get out and start sharing it with others.

It was just July when I sent off the final art. Feels like the book was designed, printed and bound at record speed. Next to first receiving a project, seeing the finished book is a real thrill. Thanks to all at Lee and Low Books in NYC for choosing me for such a wonderful project and of course to Laura E. Williams for starting it all with her beautiful story. I will have information later for anyone interested in buying a copy. It's officially released in March. Now it's time to celebrate. Happy New Year to all!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Martha. Its always exciting when a book is printed but this project was especially sweet. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, Craig! It seemed you really enjoyed working on this on, and what instant gratification with a printed book only 5 months after art-submission. The blog has been an awesome way to witness your progress; can't wait for the step-by-step on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the comments on my blog John! Nice to hear from you. Glad to see you are blogging again as well! Your Europe trip looked really awesome. Very jealous of course. Haven't been to Europe in 9 years. Will let you know of any events I have for the Can Man. Really excited about it.

    Keep in touch,

    Craig

    ReplyDelete