Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A side trip to Lerner Publishing

"Crickets, crickets". That's the sound of my blog this past summer as I have been busy working, and oh yeah busy getting married and taking a month long honeymoon! Well the calendar says it's the first day of fall today so now is as good a time as any to update my blog.

So back to that honeymoon. We were lucky enough to be able to schedule a 25 day road trip from Chicago back to Bellingham stopping at such beautiful places as The Badlands, Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone. The list goes on and on. We were also lucky enough to spend several days in Minneapolis the home of my tried and true publisher Lerner. They gave me my first book job almost ten years ago and I am eternally grateful. My wife, parter (still trying to figure what to say), let's call her Jessica was patient enough considering it was our honeymoon after all to let me pay my publisher a visit.

Below are some of the photos of my tour of the warehouse, bindery and main headquarters. Thanks to all who made me feel welcome especially Anna my editor who gave me a thorough tour of the offices. Also thanks to Zach my Art Director for meeting me for lunch. Enjoy!

Beautiful Minneapolis. Reminds me of Seattle in many ways.

This is the warehouse where all of Lerner's books are kept including around a dozen of mine. A dozen titles, not individual books!
Jess is wondering, "are all of these Craig's books?"

Next I was lucky enough to be shown around the bindery where the books are bound. I was told a lot of interesting information that sadly went in one ear and out the other. My fault not there's!

This machine looks important but sorry, I can't remember what it does!

Ditto with this piece of equipment

I think this one applies stickers to the books. Glad I could remember something!

A few days later I visited the head offices of Lerner. I visited 5 years ago as well but I got to meet lots of new people this time.

The entrance. I love the plaque. They are an institution in this part of town.

The main entrance. After this I forgot to take anymore photos. It was a flurry of warm conversations and handshakes. Thanks again everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the many highlights, Craig. I loved meeting your associates and also actually seeing your books out and about in national circulation!

    ReplyDelete