Monday, October 19, 2009

Amelia Earhart

This week there is a renewed interest in Amelia Earhart with the bio pic movie starring Hilary Swank playing soon and an exhibit of her story with original belongings opening up at The Museum of Flight in Seattle next weekend. This movie really has me excited (I hope it's good!) and has renewed my interest in Ms. Earhart. I have long had a bit of a crush on her. I have read some books and magazine articles about her and ten years ago completed an oil painting portrait after being inspired by her story (see below). I am a sucker for stories of adventure especially set during the 1920's and 30's. I love the look of that era. Her life story has it all as far as i'm concerned.

Anyway, in the frenzy of new interest in her story I have been inspired again to complete a painting of her, this time geared more as a sample for the children's book market. The older painting above I like but I wanted something lighter and more fun and also frankly I think I am a better painter now. I will be working on it this week. Here is a color study and a little drawing of her face for the painting. I hope you like them! I will post the final painting when completed. If any one in the publishing world is reading this, please consider me for a picture book bio on her. It would be a dream job for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment