Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A do over

Below is a painting I just finished that is a re working of an older one. After this spring's SCBWI conference I was determined to shake up my illustration style to bring more life to my compositions and energy in general. This is my first "do over" of an older painting and I am very happy with the results. Originally I thought I would use watercolor for my new work and I completed an early version using that medium with a heavy colored pencil outline but I wasn't as satisfied with the results. This painting is a bit of a compromise. I am using my new favorite medium acryla-gouache with a more subtle colored pencil outline. It's a good start and I will add more paintings here as I find the time to complete them.


1 comment:

  1. Craig, I really love your first version, and this one is vibrantly delightful!! You are truly a gifted artist!

    ReplyDelete